Sunflower oil is a natural oil that is extracted from the seeds of the sunflower plant, which is a bright yellow flower that grows in many parts of the world. It is widely used as a cooking oil, as well as a cosmetic oil for skin and hair. Here are some of the benefits, uses, and contents of sunflower oil for skin:
- Sunflower oil contains linoleic acid, which is a type of omega-6 fatty acid. Linoleic acid can help moisturize the skin, reduce inflammation, and protect the skin from sun damage and pollution12.
- Sunflower oil also contains vitamin E, which is a powerful antioxidant that can prevent oxidative stress, stimulate collagen synthesis, and improve skin elasticity13.
- Sunflower oil can treat a number of skin conditions, such as acne, eczema, psoriasis, and dry skin. It can help unclog pores, soothe irritation, heal wounds, and balance oil production124.
- Sunflower oil can also improve the appearance and quality of the skin. It can smooth wrinkles, brighten complexion, reduce scars, and add shine12.
Some of the uses of sunflower oil for skin are:
- As a facial oil: Sunflower oil can be applied to the face after cleansing and toning to hydrate and nourish the skin. It can also help balance sebum production and prevent clogged pores14.
- As a body oil: Sunflower oil can be massaged into the body after showering or bathing to moisturize and soften the skin. It can also help treat fungal infections, such as candida or ringworm2.
- As a hair oil: Sunflower oil can be applied to the scalp and hair before or after washing to nourish follicles, prevent hair loss, and add shine2.
- As a healing oil: Sunflower oil can be applied to minor cuts, burns, insect bites, or rashes to soothe pain and promote healing. It can also help treat chronic skin conditions, such as eczema or psoriasis14.
2. Sunflower Oil for Skin: Benefits, Limits, and How to Use It (healthline.com)
3. Sunflower Oil Is a Hydrator With Serious Skin Benefits (byrdie.com)
4. Sunflower Oil for Skin Care Explained - Metrin Skincare
5. Sunflower Oil: The Ingredient with Serious Skin Benefits (kiehls.com)
6. Sunflower Oil for Skin: 10 Benefits, How to Use (fleurandbee.com)
This page, as all of our website, is always under construction. As we continue to learn, we will continue to share!
Our mission is to bring information to all our ingredients in 2023 and beyond. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to get all of our updates! Be sure to check back in to Scrub a lil Deepa's ingredient encyclopedia as we work to grow out a reliable home for all the skincare ingredients we use and more!
Check out Scrub a lil Deepa's Blog
Hyaluronic acid has taken the skincare world by storm, and the hype surrounding it is hard to ignore. But is this widely praised ingredie...
Tired of battling frizz, dullness, and unruly hair? It's time to put an end to bad hair days once and for all with a hair oil that works ...
Achieving healthy and luscious hair starts from the roots, quite literally. Unlock the secret to vibrant and gorgeous hair by diving into...
For men who take pride in their beards, maintaining a majestic and well-groomed mane is a top priority. That's why the beard wash breakth...
Who doesn't dream of having soft, smooth, and kissable lips? Well, get ready to pucker up because we're about to share a lip scrub hack t...