Squalane oil is a natural oil that is derived from squalene, which is a lipid produced by our own skin cells. Squalene levels decline with age, resulting in dry and dull skin. Squalane oil is a stable and hydrogenated form of squalene that can be obtained from plant sources, such as olives, sugarcane, and rice bran. It is widely used as a moisturizer and emollient for skin and hair. Here are some of the benefits, uses, and contents of squalane oil for skin:
- Squalane oil has excellent emollient properties, meaning it can keep your skin hydrated and moisturized. It mimics your natural sebum and prevents water loss from the skin12.
- Squalane oil also has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It can help reduce redness, swelling, and oxidative stress on the skin13.
- Squalane oil can treat a number of skin conditions, such as acne, eczema, psoriasis, and dry skin. It can help kill acne-causing bacteria, soothe irritation, heal wounds, and balance oil production124.
- Squalane oil can also improve the appearance and quality of the skin. It can increase the luminosity and vibrancy of skin, smooth wrinkles, tighten pores, and reduce scars12.
Some of the uses of squalane oil for skin are:
- As a facial oil: Squalane oil can be applied to the face after cleansing and toning to hydrate and nourish the skin. It can also help balance sebum production and prevent clogged pores14.
- As a body oil: Squalane oil can be massaged into the body after showering or bathing to moisturize and soften the skin. It can also help treat fungal infections, such as candida or ringworm2.
- As a hair oil: Squalane oil can be applied to the scalp and hair before or after washing to nourish follicles, prevent hair loss, and add shine2.
- As a healing oil: Squalane oil can be applied to minor cuts, burns, insect bites, or rashes to soothe pain and promote healing. It can also help treat chronic skin conditions, such as eczema or psoriasis14.
1. Squalane oil benefits for skin - Search (bing.com)
2. Squalane: What It Is and How It Benefits Skin and Hair (healthline.com)
3. Squalane: What It Is and Benefits – Cleveland Clinic
4. What Is Squalane Oil? - Skin and Hair Benefits of Squalane (goodhousekeeping.com)
This page, as all of our website, is always under construction. As we continue to learn, we will continue to share!
Our mission is to bring information to all our ingredients in 2023 and beyond. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to get all of our updates! Be sure to check back in to Scrub a lil Deepa's ingredient encyclopedia as we work to grow out a reliable home for all the skincare ingredients we use and more!
Check out Scrub a lil Deepa's Blog
Unleashing the Power of Beard Butter: A Guide to Achieving a Soft and Irresistible Beard Every bearded man dreams of having a soft and ir...
Hyaluronic acid has taken the skincare world by storm, and the hype surrounding it is hard to ignore. But is this widely praised ingredie...
Tired of battling frizz, dullness, and unruly hair? It's time to put an end to bad hair days once and for all with a hair oil that works ...
Achieving healthy and luscious hair starts from the roots, quite literally. Unlock the secret to vibrant and gorgeous hair by diving into...
For men who take pride in their beards, maintaining a majestic and well-groomed mane is a top priority. That's why the beard wash breakth...