Marula oil is a natural oil that is extracted from the kernels of the marula fruit, which is native to southern Africa. It is widely used as a culinary oil, as well as a cosmetic oil for skin and hair. Here are some of the benefits, uses, and contents of marula oil for skin:
- Marula oil contains fatty acids, such as oleic acid and linoleic acid. These fatty acids have moisturizing, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties. They can help hydrate the skin, reduce redness, and protect the skin from sun damage and pollution12.
- Marula oil also contains amino acids, such as L-arginine and glutamic acid. These amino acids have hydrating and anti-aging properties. They can help improve skin elasticity, smooth fine lines, and prevent stretch marks23.
- Marula oil can treat a number of skin conditions, such as acne, eczema, psoriasis, and dry skin. It can help kill acne-causing bacteria, soothe irritation, heal wounds, and balance oil production124.
- Marula oil can also improve the appearance and quality of the skin. It can brighten complexion, reduce scars, and add shine12.
Some of the uses of marula oil for skin are:
- As a facial oil: Marula oil can be applied to the face after cleansing and toning to hydrate and nourish the skin. It can also help balance sebum production and prevent clogged pores14.
- As a body oil: Marula oil can be massaged into the body after showering or bathing to moisturize and soften the skin. It can also help treat fungal infections, such as candida or ringworm2.
- As a hair oil: Marula oil can be applied to the scalp and hair before or after washing to nourish follicles, prevent hair loss, and add shine2.
- As a healing oil: Marula oil can be applied to minor cuts, burns, insect bites, or rashes to soothe pain and promote healing. It can also help treat chronic skin conditions, such as eczema or psoriasis14.
1. 10 Fabulous Benefits of Marula Oil For Skin & Hair And How To Use It - Boldsky.com
2. Marula Oil Benefits for Skin, Hair and Nails - Dr. Axe (draxe.com)
3. Marula Oil Benefits, Uses, and Precautions (healthline.com)
4. What is Marula Oil: Benefits & Uses | Holland & Barrett (hollandandbarrett.com)
5. 10 Benefits of Marula Oil for the Skin | TheThirty (whowhatwear.com)
This page, as all of our website, is always under construction. As we continue to learn, we will continue to share!
Our mission is to bring information to all our ingredients in 2023 and beyond. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to get all of our updates! Be sure to check back in to Scrub a lil Deepa's ingredient encyclopedia as we work to grow out a reliable home for all the skincare ingredients we use and more!
Check out Scrub a lil Deepa's Blog
Unleashing the Power of Beard Butter: A Guide to Achieving a Soft and Irresistible Beard Every bearded man dreams of having a soft and ir...
Hyaluronic acid has taken the skincare world by storm, and the hype surrounding it is hard to ignore. But is this widely praised ingredie...
Tired of battling frizz, dullness, and unruly hair? It's time to put an end to bad hair days once and for all with a hair oil that works ...
Achieving healthy and luscious hair starts from the roots, quite literally. Unlock the secret to vibrant and gorgeous hair by diving into...
For men who take pride in their beards, maintaining a majestic and well-groomed mane is a top priority. That's why the beard wash breakth...