Jojoba oil is a natural oil that is extracted from the seeds of the jojoba plant, which is native to southwestern North America. It is widely used as a carrier oil, as well as a cosmetic oil for skin and hair. Here are some of the benefits, uses, and contents of jojoba oil for skin:
- Jojoba oil contains wax esters, which are similar to the natural oils produced by the skin. These wax esters can help balance sebum production, prevent clogged pores, and moisturize the skin without feeling greasy12.
- Jojoba oil also contains fatty acids, such as oleic acid and eicosenoic acid. These fatty acids have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. They can help reduce redness, swelling, and oxidative stress on the skin13.
- Jojoba oil can treat a number of skin conditions, such as acne, eczema, psoriasis, and dry skin. It can help kill acne-causing bacteria, soothe irritation, heal wounds, and improve skin barrier function124.
- Jojoba oil can also improve the appearance and quality of the skin. It can smooth wrinkles, tighten pores, brighten complexion, and reduce scars12.
Some of the uses of jojoba oil for skin are:
- As a facial oil: Jojoba oil can be applied to the face after cleansing and toning to hydrate and nourish the skin. It can also help balance sebum production and prevent clogged pores14.
- As a body oil: Jojoba oil can be massaged into the body after showering or bathing to moisturize and soften the skin. It can also help treat fungal infections, such as candida or ringworm2.
- As a hair oil: Jojoba oil can be applied to the scalp and hair before or after washing to nourish follicles, prevent hair loss, and add shine2.
- As a healing oil: Jojoba oil can be applied to minor cuts, burns, insect bites, or rashes to soothe pain and promote healing. It can also help treat chronic skin conditions, such as eczema or psoriasis14.
1. Jojoba Oil for Face: 13 Benefits for Acne, Wrinkles, and More (healthline.com)
2. Jojoba Oil: Uses, Benefits And Risks – Forbes Health
3. Jojoba Oil: Health Benefits, Safety Information, Dosage, and More (webmd.com)
4. Top 10 Benefits of Jojoba Oil for Skin – Ogee
This page, as all of our website, is always under construction. As we continue to learn, we will continue to share!
Our mission is to bring information to all our ingredients in 2023 and beyond. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to get all of our updates! Be sure to check back in to Scrub a lil Deepa's ingredient encyclopedia as we work to grow out a reliable home for all the skincare ingredients we use and more!
Check out Scrub a lil Deepa's Blog
Hyaluronic acid has taken the skincare world by storm, and the hype surrounding it is hard to ignore. But is this widely praised ingredie...
Tired of battling frizz, dullness, and unruly hair? It's time to put an end to bad hair days once and for all with a hair oil that works ...
Achieving healthy and luscious hair starts from the roots, quite literally. Unlock the secret to vibrant and gorgeous hair by diving into...
For men who take pride in their beards, maintaining a majestic and well-groomed mane is a top priority. That's why the beard wash breakth...
Who doesn't dream of having soft, smooth, and kissable lips? Well, get ready to pucker up because we're about to share a lip scrub hack t...