Hemp seed oil is a natural oil that is extracted from the seeds of the hemp plant, which is a variety of the cannabis plant. It is widely used as a cooking oil, as well as a cosmetic oil for skin and hair. Here are some of the benefits, uses, and contents of hemp seed oil for skin:
- Hemp seed oil contains polyunsaturated fatty acids, such as linoleic acid and alpha-linolenic acid. These fatty acids have moisturizing, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties. They can help hydrate the skin, reduce redness, and protect the skin from sun damage12.
- Hemp seed oil also contains gamma-linolenic acid, a rare fatty acid that has anti-inflammatory and anti-aging effects. Gamma-linolenic acid can help regulate hormone levels, improve skin elasticity, and reduce wrinkles13.
- Hemp seed oil can treat a number of skin conditions, such as eczema, psoriasis, acne, and dry skin. It can soothe irritation, heal wounds, and balance oil production124.
- Hemp seed oil can also improve the appearance and quality of the skin. It can smooth pores, brighten complexion, reduce scars, and promote hair growth12.
Some of the uses of hemp seed oil for skin are:
- As a facial oil: Hemp seed oil can be applied to the face after cleansing and toning to hydrate and nourish the skin. It can also help balance sebum production and prevent clogged pores14.
- As a body oil: Hemp seed oil can be massaged into the body after showering or bathing to moisturize and soften the skin. It can also help treat fungal infections, such as candida or ringworm2.
- As a hair oil: Hemp seed oil can be applied to the scalp and hair before or after washing to nourish follicles, prevent hair loss, and add shine2.
- As a healing oil: Hemp seed oil can be applied to minor cuts, burns, insect bites, or rashes to soothe pain and promote healing. It can also help treat chronic skin conditions, such as eczema or psoriasis14.
1a. - Scrub a lil Deepa's deep dive into Hemp Seed Oil
1. Hemp Seed Oil Benefits for Skin
2. Hemp oil for skin: Eczema, wrinkles, acne scars, and more (medicalnewstoday.com)
3. Is Hemp Oil Good for Your Skin? (verywellhealth.com)
4.Hemp Oil for Skin: Benefits and How to Use for Your Face (healthline.com)
5. 5 Benefits of Hemp Seed Oil for Your Skin | Wild Naturals
This page, as all of our website, is always under construction. As we continue to learn, we will continue to share!
Our mission is to bring information to all our ingredients in 2023 and beyond. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to get all of our updates! Be sure to check back in to Scrub a lil Deepa's ingredient encyclopedia as we work to grow out a reliable home for all the skincare ingredients we use and more!
Check out Scrub a lil Deepa's Blog
Hyaluronic acid has taken the skincare world by storm, and the hype surrounding it is hard to ignore. But is this widely praised ingredie...
Tired of battling frizz, dullness, and unruly hair? It's time to put an end to bad hair days once and for all with a hair oil that works ...
Achieving healthy and luscious hair starts from the roots, quite literally. Unlock the secret to vibrant and gorgeous hair by diving into...
For men who take pride in their beards, maintaining a majestic and well-groomed mane is a top priority. That's why the beard wash breakth...
Who doesn't dream of having soft, smooth, and kissable lips? Well, get ready to pucker up because we're about to share a lip scrub hack t...