Vitamin E oil is a natural oil that is derived from vitamin E, which is a group of fat-soluble vitamins with antioxidant effects. Vitamin E oil can be applied directly to the skin, or added to lotions, creams, and gels. It is available for purchase in many health food stores and online. Here are some of the benefits, uses, and contents of vitamin E oil for skin:
- Vitamin E oil contains vitamin E, which is a powerful antioxidant that can protect the skin from free radicals and sun damage. Vitamin E can also stimulate collagen synthesis and improve skin elasticity12.
- Vitamin E oil also contains fatty acids, such as oleic acid and linoleic acid. These fatty acids can help moisturize the skin, reduce inflammation, and balance oil production13.
- Vitamin E oil can treat a number of skin conditions, such as eczema, psoriasis, acne, and dry skin. It can help unclog pores, soothe irritation, heal wounds, and reduce scarring124.
- Vitamin E oil can also improve the appearance and quality of the skin. It can smooth wrinkles, brighten complexion, lighten dark circles, and add shine12.
Some of the uses of vitamin E oil for skin are:
- As a facial oil: Vitamin E oil can be applied to the face after cleansing and toning to hydrate and nourish the skin. It can also help balance sebum production and prevent clogged pores14.
- As a body oil: Vitamin E oil can be massaged into the body after showering or bathing to moisturize and soften the skin. It can also help treat fungal infections, such as candida or ringworm3.
- As a hair oil: Vitamin E oil can be applied to the scalp and hair before or after washing to nourish follicles, prevent hair loss, and add shine3.
- As a healing oil: Vitamin E oil can be applied to minor cuts, burns, insect bites, or rashes to soothe pain and promote healing. It can also help treat chronic skin conditions, such as eczema or psoriasis14.
1. 10 benefits of vitamin E oil (medicalnewstoday.com)
2. What Vitamin E Does for Your Skin's Health – Cleveland Clinic
3. Vitamin E Oil for Skin and Hair - Dr. Axe (draxe.com)
4. Benefits of Vitamin E Oil for Skin | livestrong
This page, as all of our website, is always under construction. As we continue to learn, we will continue to share!
Our mission is to bring information to all our ingredients in 2023 and beyond. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to get all of our updates! Be sure to check back in to Scrub a lil Deepa's ingredient encyclopedia as we work to grow out a reliable home for all the skincare ingredients we use and more!
Check out Scrub a lil Deepa's Blog
Unleashing the Power of Beard Butter: A Guide to Achieving a Soft and Irresistible Beard Every bearded man dreams of having a soft and ir...
Hyaluronic acid has taken the skincare world by storm, and the hype surrounding it is hard to ignore. But is this widely praised ingredie...
Tired of battling frizz, dullness, and unruly hair? It's time to put an end to bad hair days once and for all with a hair oil that works ...
Achieving healthy and luscious hair starts from the roots, quite literally. Unlock the secret to vibrant and gorgeous hair by diving into...
For men who take pride in their beards, maintaining a majestic and well-groomed mane is a top priority. That's why the beard wash breakth...